Senior Real Estate Specialist - SRES
I'm a Seniors Real Estate Specialists
By earning the SRES designation, Brian S. Yaldoo has demonstrated necessary knowledge and expertise to counsel clients age 50-plus through major financial and lifestyle transitions involved in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. Brian S. Yaldoo has received special training, gets regular updates, and is prepared to offer the options and information needed in making life changing decisions.
I am looking forward to assisting you with your Real Estate needs and to help protect your finacial assests.
What is an SRES®?
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed a series of educational courses on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions. They also draw upon the expertise of a network of senior specialists, such as estate planners, CPAs, and eldercare lawyers, and are familiar with local community resources and services. Their mission is to help seniors and their families navigate the maze of financial, legal and emotional issues that accompany the sale of the home.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Why Use an SRES®?
Over the age of 50 and considering selling the family home?
You need a REALTOR® with senior experience, knowledge and marketing savvy.
Those qualities, along with a special knowledge of managing the sale of a home for those over the age of 50, are what SRES® designees can bring to your next real estate transaction.
SRES® designees are certified senior specialists and astute to the financial and emotional challenges senior clients face when they sell a long-held family home.
SRES® designees not only can create a customized approach to marketing and selling your property, but they also can work with you to explore your housing options to ensure that your next home best serves your current and future needs.
Such certified specialists have special knowledge about everything from reverse mortgages and the importance of universal design to the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
They’ll also help you steer clear of loan schemes and scams that victimize aged 50+ borrowers.
And when you need help from other professionals, SRES® designees can tap their network and put you in touch with qualified home inspectors, movers, attorneys, CPAs and other experts.
SRES® designees have all the resources and knowledge to simplify the transaction and eliminate the anxiety of selling your home.
Brian S. Yaldoo, Associate Broker ABR, CLHMS, CNE, CRS, e-PRO, GREEN® ,GRI, QSC, SFR, SRES